Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nov. 1st-Day 31

Kyle and I met with the oncologist again today.  As expected, this meeting dealt with the next step of my treatment which is chemotherapy.  Many have wondered why I would still need to do chemo since I had clear lymph nodes & a PET Scan that showed no additional cancer.  I knew the answer to that but I think I needed the doctor to tell me too.  He said that it is to take care of any microscopic cancer cells that weren't seen on the PET Scan throughout my body or anything left behind from the surgery.
On Monday, November 12th I will go for a chemo training session and then have my first treatment on the 13th.  I will need to receive 4 doses of chemo total and they will be given every 3 weeks.

Tonight I go back to the cancer center for a class called Look Good, Feel Better that is offered through the American Cancer Society.  This class is for women going through chemotherapy to give help on skin care, make-up and wigs/ scarves.  Looking forward to what I will learn in this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment