Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dec. 16-Chemo 2, Day 13

As I sit here after church I am reflecting on how thankful I am for my church family.  The amount of people who seek me out, young & old, friend or merely an acquaintance is amazing to me.  They ask how I am and let me know that they are praying for me.  How lucky am I to have not only the family I was born into,  but also my family at Grace Church!

I am back to my normal self.  Eating whatever I want (always scary around the holidays), staying up till 11-11:30pm (rather than fall asleep on the couch at 9pm) and not taking any meds for nausea or pain (bring on the vitamin C though).  I even walked with the library in Nashville's Christmas Parade yesterday!  Speaking of yesterday...it was Lexi's 9th birthday!!!  She had the privilege of being a Christmas tree in the parade yesterday along with her friends Anna & Paige.  We went to Gavin's basketball game which resulted in a last second win & sky high blood pressure for all involved.  Then lunch at Goodtime Pizza with the whole family who gave Alexis some very nice gifts.  Our last stop was for the 3pm showing of the Nutcracker at The Revue in Nashville.  I know she had a wonderful day but she woke up this morning asking if there were any more parties for her today?!  Sorry child, it's all we've got for this year:)

There have been so many instances over these last two months where I have said to Kyle or just to myself, "I will gladly take this breast cancer over what this person is going through or what that person is dealing with".  Friday's tragedy in Sandy Hook, CT is no exception.  Chemotherapy and no hair are a minor inconvenience compared to the heart wrenching loss of a child.  I pray that these families will look to God to bring them through this difficult time.   May they receive His peace and strength each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment