Friday, March 1, 2013

Radiation-Day 7

Seven radiation sessions under my belt!  The kids got to go with me twice this week since they had a snow day on Wednesday and today was a records day for teachers.  My parents went with me one day and a friend from church, Gloria Rolfe, rode with me one day too.  So far so good!

My Daily Splashes of Joy calendar for today says, "A sense of humor is like a needle and thread:  It will patch up so many things."  I am learning that it is a must to laugh things off.  This afternoon while heading out for radiation I went into Nashville to run some errands.  I was wearing a black bandana doo-rag on my head mind you.  So the kids and I are walking into the post office and the gentleman holding the door for us told me that I looked like a pirate!!!  I thought, "yep, that was exactly the look I was going for today buddy!"  So if I ever write a list of things NOT to say to a cancer patient...that one will certainly be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment