Monday, December 31, 2012

Dec. 31-Chemo 3, Day 5

Last blog post of 2012!  Well as usual, the last few days have passed in a blur of sleeping & lounging around as I recover from my third chemo treatment.  So far everything has gone as expected.  No weird surprise side effects or issues.  As usual we have been blessed by great people who want to make our life easier during this time.  Thursday evening Mindy Schriver brought a roast for dinner, something my family hardly ever gets...they were pleased!  On Friday, Jill took me to Battle Creek for my Neulasta shot and my friend, Kim Ripley, provided a yummy Mac & Cheese w/ham for dinner.  Kyle also brought home dinner items given by the staff at Eaton Rapids Eye Care...looking forward to eating the lasagna tonight for dinner!  Sunday evening Mom & Dad Booher came over to spend some time with us before they head back to Florida.  Jill brought homemade chicken noodle soup, it was exactly what sounded good to me last night.  Definitely NOT looking forward to having them gone for the next few months but I joked that at least I should have some hair by the time they get back!
Due to my recovering from chemo, it looks as if we'll probably stay in tonight.  Not sure what that will look like exactly but I do know that I will be with my most favorite people.  I will also be reflecting on the blessings of the past year-there is SO much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment