Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dec. 5th-Chemo 2, Day 2

Well it's 2 down, 2 to go!  Halfway there!  Yesterday went well.  My Mom went with me again.  We arrived at 9am and left at 1:30pm.  Another very nice chemo nurse who was funny & helpful.  I had a tuna sandwich, jello & chips for lunch.  The highlight of the day was a phone call from the Genetics Counselor.  She had my results from the genetics testing and was trying to set up an appointment with me.  She comes from Notre Dame and is only in B.C. twice a month so I meet with her on Dec. 27th. However, she said that she would go ahead & give me my results over the phone so I wouldn't have to wait all that time.  The results were negative!!!  There is no mutation found so I do not have that increased risk of breast cancer.  Although this is great news, it still makes us scratch our heads as to why we have this major family presence of breast cancer?!  I will get to talk with the counselor on the 27th and ask her more of these questions.  Had another nice visit with my Aunt Barb on the way home yesterday.  Although she doesn't complain at all, it certainly puts things in perspective for me to spend time with her.  She is a fighter and a true inspiration!  She has a sign on her wall that says, "God doesn't give us what we can handle, He helps us handle what we are given."

Felt pretty good yesterday evening.  Was able to take Gavin to practice and Alexis to dance.  I had a little nausea but was able to eat the yummy dinner that Susie Butler provided for us last night.  Thank you Susie!  Last time I started taking my as needed nausea meds (Compazine) on the evening of my chemo day but I didn't feel like I needed it & still haven't taken it.  That could change at any time but I am not going to be as quick to use it this time cause I think that caused a lot of my drowsiness and feeling like I couldn't concentrate or focus well.  I was up every 2 hours last night to go to the bathroom.  They put so much fluids into you  by the time you get all the meds!  Luckily I was able to fall back to sleep pretty well in between.  Today I have my Neulasta shot at 2pm.

I got my wig cut on Monday and have been wearing it now.   I really like it, just getting used to having bangs, haven't had bangs in quite a while.  So you may see someone around town who looks like me but with a new do!  Maybe I will get a picture that I can post on here for those who won't be seeing me around.

No comments:

Post a Comment