Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dec. 8-Chemo 2, Day 5

Wow!  Time flies when your laying around on the couch sleeping on and off for 3 days straight!!!  Actually things are going quite well.  I never did start taking the Compazine which was my as-needed nausea medicine and I think that helped me feel a little more normal.  Kyle was home quite a bit with me on Thursday and Gavin wasn't feeling well Friday & stayed home from school.  He and I made a good pair....sleep, watch a movie, eat, sleep, take some meds, sleep.  Laura Scott brought a very yummy Chicken and Dumpling Soup for dinner on Thursday night along with a basketful of other goodies-thank you Scott family!!  My Mom made me a Tuna Noodle Casserole for Wednesday night.  I have not ever made that dish myself but quite often crave my Mom's so I was thankful to get some.
I just realized that I have talked a lot about food, but that's exciting because it means that my nausea hasn't really been an issue despite skipping out on the extra meds!!!

I got to get out for a while this afternoon to go to Gavin's basketball game.  I was tired and achy while there but somehow that all fades away when you are watching your son and his buddies tear up the court!  Gavin had 9 points including one 3-pointer!  I was soooo ready to get home, get back into my comfy clothes and lay down for a while though.

Today felt like a day of extra blessings.  My sister Emilie works for a company filled with the most generous & caring people.  Her boss Dawn & her husband Larry gave our family a generous gift...the kind that makes you tear up & wonder, again, how you possibly say thank you for such a gift.  My friend Nichole gave us a "goodie box" filled with Christmas yummys, my mom-in-law Jill gave us food for dinner tonight and then our mailbox was overflowing (literally) with several packages and cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment