Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jan. 13-Chemo 3-Day 18

As I type this, Alexis is giving me a foot rub!  She is really into playing "spa" and so we have all been getting massages the last few days.  Really loving it and hope that this phase of hers lasts for a long time:)

In the mail yesterday I received a package.  It was from an organization called Good Wishes.  Their mission is to provide a free scarf or head wrap to anyone experiencing hair loss as a result of illness, injury or treatment.  Their goal is to provide a bit of comfort and share the power of positive thinking with their Good Wishes.  So someone contacted them and had a head wrap sent to me.  If that person is reading this, thank you so much!  There have been so many nice surprises along this journey and I'm very thankful for each person who has taken the time to do something nice for me.  One thing that this experience has taught me is to take some time each week to send out cards or send an uplifting e-mail or Facebook message to someone struggling in some way.  Through everything that has been done for me, I have learned that small acts of kindness can make a big difference!

Starting to feel a less tired & sluggish.  I vacuumed the house today & didn't feel like I had just run a marathon afterwards.  This is good as I have #4 and FINAL chemo on Tuesday.  Tomorrow I have lab work & see the oncologist.  I feel like I have a lot of questions this time.  Questions like, "when and how does my port get taken out?" and "when can I go back to work?" and "when do I start radiation & how many sessions will I have of that?"

As usual I am not looking forward to another treatment & all the things that come with it.  But the light at the end of the tunnel is very bright!  God is amazing!  He has given me so much during this time and I trust him to see me through the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment