Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jan. 16-CONTINUED

***Really not good to write blogs on the IPad because it can sometimes mess up like today, but it's so convenient!  So here is my continued post...

My Dad opened the trunk at Wendy's and there were two huge bouquets of flowers for me!  One was from my parents & my sis & her family, beautiful white & pink roses.  The other was from my Aunt Bev, Uncle Tom, Andy & family, Josh & family and Allison & family.  This bouquet was a huge assortment of roses, daisies and other beautiful flowers that I don't exactly know the names of.  What a nice surprise, I am so blessed!  We took lots of pictures of my special day so I hope to get some of them posted here at some point today.
Last night I decided to try going to my monthly library meeting.  I missed last month & wanted to be there.  I was able to stay the whole time!  Got pretty tired towards the end but it was all good.  A big thank you to Stacy Maier, one of Kyle's co-workers, who sent a big bowl of Chili home with him last night!!  Last nights sleep was pretty usual for the night of chemo, up every two hours for bathroom (they put so many fluids in you during chemo plus I have to drink a large amount of water) and of course throw in a few hot flashes.  It wasn't a terrible night but I may want to try & nap this afternoon before heading back to B.C. for my LAST Neulasta shot.

In closing I want to share something that my sister wrote in the card she gave me yesterday.  You've probably seen this quote before but it means something more to me now.
"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
-Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. See below for the first part of this message...slight blogging issue this morning!

    ReplyDelete