Saturday, October 27, 2012

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk

Under a beautiful blue sky in downtown Lansing this morning, Team Speak Hope gathered for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.  At my best count there was 57 people who walked with us-Wow!  The group ranged from high school classmates to co-workers; from family to people who I met this morning for the first time.  All of them there to support me and to stand up against the awful disease of cancer.
Our team ended up raising a little over $3,400!  As we gathered in a circle just before the start of the walk, I reminded the group of how this all got started.  I set a goal of $200 and thought that I could probably get my parents and siblings to walk with me.  As I looked around at the 57 faces that were there today to support me, it was very emotional.  God has blessed me indeed!

I appreciate each person who was able to be part of such a special morning and those who couldn't be there but helped with donating.  "Thank you" just doesn't seem to be enough...but it will have to do!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad there was such a good turn out! We wish we could have been there too! <3

    ReplyDelete