Monday, October 22, 2012

Oct. 22nd-Day 21

Each day after surgery gets easier.  It's amazing the things you take for granted in life!  Like washing your own hair, itching your back or opening a tight jar lid.  I have to say that Kyle has been so good to me, not that I'm surprised, he's a great guy!  But he's had to wash & condition my hair twice now, he did lots of laundry and cleaning this weekend and waited on me with great patience.  I was up doing things more yesterday and saw that I could go a little longer in between taking my pain meds.  Thank you to Mindy Hasselback for dinner last night...my family is not going to want to go back to my cooking!
One of the highlights of the day yesterday was my Dad, sister and brother-in-law running in their first 1/2 marathon.  I was so sad not to be able to be there to see them cross the finish line.  But then my sister called and said that we had to listen to AM 1340 as they were going to be interviewed by this radio station.  Of course the station didn't come in on our radio inside the house so out we went to sit in the car where the station came in perfectly.  It was so cool, but very emotional to listen to this interview live.  I even got teary while listening to the recording again last night.  I love my family so much and this just reminded me how much support & love they have for me!  My sister recorded this interview with her phone.  The YouTube link can be found on my Facebook page if you would like to check it out!  Go Team Leslie!!!


1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I loved most ... The interview or picturing all of you listening in the car! Your family is amazing! Love you, Les.

    ReplyDelete