Saturday, October 20, 2012

Party In Pink

I know I probably sound like a broken record, but did you know that the Maple Valley community rocks?!?!  This morning Nichole Hansen planned and carried out a Party In Pink Dance-A-Thon at the High School Gym.  She is a very busy lady and so I really appreciate the time & effort she put into this.  Thank you also to Angie Walker and many other MV teachers who helped out!  I was able to get out there for the last 45 minutes and was amazed at how many were there shaking it to fight cancer.  And fight cancer they did...$800 and counting was raised during this event!  

Had to catch up on my rest this afternoon after my big trip out in the morning.  Then we were treated to a yummy dinner from Kelly Adrianson.  Ate while watching King of Queens Season 8.  This was a box DVD set that Kyle got me for Christmas like 4 years ago and I had never even opened it.  Guess I was saving it for when I was recovering from surgery in Oct. of 2012!

So excited for my sister and her husband as well as my Dad who are running in the Grand Rapids 1/2 Marathon tomorrow!  Praying for safety & endurance for them.

Thank you to the English family for entertaining Alexis this afternoon and to Dad Booher for letting Gavin go watch the big game with him tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment