Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15-Day 14

Had breakfast with a 15 year cancer survivor this morning-thanks Katy!

Still feeling so blessed and overwhelmed by the show of support & prayers coming my way.

So many people have mentioned that they are enjoying this blog.  Like I said before, it came to be when a friend suggested that I should share my story this way.  The afternoon I started it Kyle had stopped by to visit me at work.  The children were napping and so he, Carrie (my friend & co-worker) and I set to work at trying to decide on a name for the blog.  I looked at titles of other breast cancer blogs and found anything from  "Save the Boobies" to "Cancer Sucks".  My favorite was, "But I Don't Even Look Good in Pink!".  These are all fine but I needed something that was more fitting of me.  After further searching I was telling them about listening to a song on the new TobyMac CD.  The song is called Speak Life.  It talks about speaking hope, love and life to those around us.  I decided when I listened to it that I wanted to try, as much as possible, to speak about my cancer in a way that would bring hope to those around me.  So that is where the title of my blog comes from!

Tonight I messed up and I didn't speak love to someone that I care about greatly.  I apologized & know it will be ok.  Tomorrow is a new day and with God's help we will all get through this.


No comments:

Post a Comment