Friday, October 12, 2012

Super Radioactive Woman

I had my PET Scan this morning in Battle Creek.  My parents went with me which was very appreciated!  I had my 3rd IV of the week to receive the injection of radioactive glucose (sugar).  The scan then looks at how your cells respond to the glucose.  Because the cancer cells absorb it, they can find any other areas of cancer in your body.  The area of the hospital that I was in looked more like a NASA lab or something you would see on Back to the Future.  The technician had to leave the room while I was waiting for this substance to take effect because she had to limit her exposure to the radioactivity.  And when my kids get off the bus today we can't have close contact because it could still be in my system!  The procedure was easy, lots more time to lay there and pray.  The results will be given to the oncologist anywhere from 1-3 business days.  So if you see a glow of light over Nashville tonight, it's probably just me, Super Radioactive Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment