Monday, October 8, 2012

Oct. 8th-Day 7

MRI and blood work day today.  A big thanks to Mom Booher who joined me!  I was a little nervous about the MRI but radiology techs, Deb & Bob, put me right at ease with their comedy routine.  It was hard to stay still for so long but I stayed calm & used the time to say some prayers.
While having lunch afterwards I got a call from the surgeon's office saying they had the results back already!  She said that no other areas of concern were found in either breast (sorry, gonna have to use that word...probably more often than any of us would like) other than my tumor area.  She also said that from what they could see, the lymph nodes looked clean as well (there will still need to be further testing of the lymph nodes).  Yeah!!!  Go God!!!  One good report with hopefully many more to come!

This evening I was able to take part in the Dig Pink fundraising event put on by the Maple Valley volleyball teams.  A huge thank you to Sarah Carpenter and the whole Carpenter family for your hard work in the fight of cancer!  It was amazing to see everyone in the gym, young & old, dressed in pink to support the cause.

Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you.  He will never leave you nor forsake you."

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Am I getting annoying with my constant commenting? I hope not - GREAT NEWS! I'm so happy! Breast, breast, breast. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breast is a fine word but I can help you out with a few more words to add variety. :)
    jugs, cans, boobies, 2nd base, chest, bumps...
    I'll keep thinking. :)
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete