Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Overwhelmed and Humbled

Day 2 of being poked, prodded and scanned!  Started my day by drinking a barium solution at home to prepare for the Cat Scan.  It was yucky!  Then when the technician was taking me back to begin the procedure he so kindly mentioned that I had another glass of the fine beverage waiting for me!!  Had to have another IV for this procedure but the scan itself was easy breezy.  They were able to give me the injection to prepare for the bone scan when I finished the Cat Scan so I didn't have to have an additional poke.  My Mom and I were able to go do whatever for 3 hours.  We visited my Grandma, made a Wal-Mart run and ate lunch.  The bone scan was the easiest of all of the procedures.  No extra pokes, a quiet machine & all I had to do was lay there for 20 minutes (lots more praying time)!

The reason that I named this post Overwhelmed and Humbled is because I have found myself using those words over and over since Saturday.  I always knew I had a great family, I always knew I had great friends and I always knew that our little community was the best place to live & raise a family.  But this past week I have seen things take place that I never dreamed were possible.  Between flowers, cards, phone calls, e-mails, Facebook posts & pink hair dying to cancer walks, dance-a-thons and Team Leslie t-shirts I am at a loss for words.

Thank you just doesn't seem to cover it all so I will continue to pray for all of you & ask God to bless you.  And please pray for me tomorrow as Kyle and I meet with the oncologist.  Specifically that we would get a clear plan of action and a good prognosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment