Friday, October 26, 2012

October 26th-Day 25

One week since surgery and I had a follow-up appointment with the surgeon this afternoon.
I received my pathology report which he explained to me.  Further testing confirmed that the lymph nodes were indeed clear.  The breast lump was also tested and there were a good amount of clean margins around the area.  This means that I won't need to go back into surgery for any additional removal of tissue!  Like my Mom said, despite the fact that the cancer diagnosis is bad news...everything else has been good news!  Gotta be thankful for the good!
Next on the radar is my appointment with the oncologist on Thursday.  Hoping to get a clear picture of when chemotherapy will start and how all of that will work.

Team Speak Hope-Leslie Booher will converge on the Capital in Lansing tomorrow for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.  We are currently the #1 team for fundraising!  Go God!

No comments:

Post a Comment