Monday, November 12, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality

The title of my blog today is a line from a song that was popular in the 80's or 90's.  Between unpacking & laundry, I didn't have time to look up the artist or anything so if anyone wants to do that and e-mail me, that would be fun!  So anyways, this line came to my mind today as we traveled home from sunny, 80 degree Florida and arrived in cloudy, 37 degree Michigan (note: we even saw snowflakes in the air this evening).  Not only does this line refer to the weather changes that occurred for us today but also to the fact that at 4pm Kyle & I went to the cancer center for a chemotherapy training session.  AND at 9am tomorrow I will have my first chemo treatment.

I was so truly blessed this past week.  Some highlights were a bike ride (I rode a tandem bike with the kids-how fun is that?), walks on the beach, lounging and reading, laughter & conversation with family & friends, tons of food (got to try lobster rolls and a crab cake sandwich among other yummy things) and of course, the reason we were there, to take part in the beautiful wedding of Erin & Mike!

I ask that you would pray for me tomorrow.  That any fears would be calmed & replaced with God's peace.  Also that my side effects would be mild.  There was a sign hanging in the house where we stayed this week, it said:  Lord help me to remember that nothing is going to happen today that you and I together can't handle.

Lastly, I want to give a Happy Birthday shout out to Debbie, my sister's co-worker, who blessed me with a gift last week that still brings tears of gratitude to my eyes each time I think about her.  There are good people doing good things in this world & I feel so lucky to be able to witness some of those things as I go through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment