Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bald Is The New Beautiful-Continued

Due to technical difficulties I wasn't able to finish that post...
The biggest surprise about having no hair is how cold your head is when you have no hair!  Now I feel bad for Kyle in the winter:).  I am glad I have nothing going on today.  It is nice to have some time to process this myself before going out in public.  Not looking forward to the looks of sympathy or the stares that are bound to come.  I am really ok with this so I want everyone else to feel comfortable about it too.  My sister sent me a link to an article about embracing your hair loss situation.  I liked the article because I want to look at this in a positive way and not be depressed about it.  My wig has been shipped and should be here any day!  I also got to try on all of my hats and scarves this morning...it's so much easier to try them on with no hair to wrestle with.  I get to put away my brushes, hairspray and hair dryer.  And guess how long it took me to get ready this morning?!  I am so thankful that God has given me a strength that I didn't even know I had, he is so good to me!  Thank you to all of the friends & family that were praying me through my "hair-cut".  I am truly blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Les! We pray for you every day. I bet you look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are still beautiful! I think about you and pray for you daily. You are such a strong person. Your post show how strong you are. All things are possible when relying on God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You continue to amaze me with your words, your strength, and your sense of humor. And . . . oh, how amazing your kids are. I love that you all embrace the memories made every day. Each moment we have with each other is such a gift and your moments illustrate that so beautifully. Thank you for sharing some moments with me today. I am again honored to "just be" in these moments with you.

    ReplyDelete