Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dec. 1-Chemo Day 19

Well this will be like the fourth day without my hair.  Things have gone well.  Yesterday morning I went to the school to make popcorn.  I was so excited about getting to do that as it had been a while since I could.  But as I was leaving my driveway I got a sick feeling my stomach and felt like I was not ready to.  But then that strength comes and I not only spend the morning making popcorn but I went to lunch at Goodtime Pizza with my friend Dianna.
My wig came on Thursday.  It is beautiful and just perfect for me.  I do need trimming/thinning done on it as it goes into my eyes quite badly.  So until that gets done I don't think I can wear it.  I have a couple of calls in to people who can help me figure out where to go to have that done.
In the meantime I can wear it a bit around the house to begin getting used to it.  Speaking of around the house...I always thought I would have a hat or something on at all times even when at home.  But after wearing a hat or scarf out and about the first thing I want to do when I get home is whip them off!  Even the most comfy hat or scarf gets itchy & tight after a while.  So far my family hasn't protested about my baldness around the house.  I guess I wouldn't care much if they did...one of them gets to be bald 24/7 and none of the rest of us have ever complained:)
My highlight so far in this "hairless" journey was last night.  I went out to dinner with my good friends, Kelly & Mindy.  As we were pulling out of the driveway Kelly stops the car and pulls out two hats.  She says that in order to make me feel more comfortable for the evening she had brought some hats for her and Mindy to wear (poor Mindy, she has had no say in this matter) and proceeds to put on a beanie hat that has several tentacles coming off of it that light up (see picture below).  She passes Mindy a shark hat & instructs her to put it on.  We were all laughing so hard and it was so amazing that she thought of me in that way and wanted to do something to make me feel comfortable!  When we arrived at Clara's on the River I made it very clear that they did not have to wear their hats inside (it would have been a little embarrassing) and I think Mindy was relieved:)
Kelly insisted that they at least take them inside with them...just in case!  Once we got home Kelly's son took a picture of us.  I even got to wear a mohawk hat.  Love my friends & family for making this all so easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment