Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nov. 25-Chemo Day 13

Wow!  What a great 4 days it has been since I wrote last.  I felt great on Thnksgiving as we traveled to my sister's home for a yummy meal and lots of nice family time.  Then my mom, sister & I went out to Target & Wal-mart that night for some pre-Black Friday shopping.  We slept from midnight to 6:30am and then headed back out for a long day of shopping.  It felt really good to get lots of Christmas shopping accomplished!  I was tired on Friday night but not much more than I would have been any other year.
Getting ready for church this morning was interesting.  I realized after blowing dry my hair that the counter in front of me was covered with hair!  No large clumps that are noticeable on my head but it's coming out nonetheless.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.
As I write this I am eating a bowl of ice cream with a brownie.  My nutrition counselor (a.k.a. my sister-in-law Erin) would not be happy to hear that.  It was so easy to eat healthy when my stomach was unsettled but now that I feel so good, I am straying from my healthy eating plan.  I am thankful to Erin who has taken the time to give me some healthy snack ideas that give me the protein that I need.  I lost a few pounds during the first week after chemo so I guess this bowl of ice cream will just help me put those pounds back on!  Thank you also to my fellow cancer survivor, Teri, and her Green Tea suggestion.  I actually like it and look forward to having some each day.
This week brings a large to-do list as I have lots to accomplish before my next treatment on Dec. 4th. I am working on getting Christmas cards finished, wrapping presents and many other responsibilities.  I am very thankful to have this time in between treatments to feel normal and be able to do things!

No comments:

Post a Comment