Sunday, November 18, 2012

More Like Myself

Today was a great day!  I am certainly not 100% back to my usual self but today was a day that lifted my spirits for sure!  The day started well when I woke at 5:30am and realized that was the first time I had woke during the night.  This was a huge improvement from the prior few nights.

Secondly, I got to go to church!  It was nice to chat & worship with my church family.
After some lunch and a brief rest I was able to have a nice visit with my cousins Josh & Lisa Oleson and Allison Boutwell.  I also got to hold and cuddle Allison & Ryan's new baby, Dominick!
Then I went to my parents for a nice visit with them as well as Lee & Keri and got to hold and cuddle Keegan...all this baby holding is very therapeutic!  Then after another brief rest (my rest times are getting shorter & shorter-YEAH) I made dinner for my family.  I am very thankful for those who provided meals this week but it felt good to be able to cook for them myself!  Plus food was seeming more appealing today and I was eating also for pleasure, not just because I had to.

On a funny note:  my scalp was really tingly and itchy this morning.  It freaked me out cause I thought I had lice...I even had Kyle check my head!  About this time the realization hit me that this must be a chemo thing.  I looked it up and it is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment